IMPLEMENTED PROJECTS > Technical Assistance to World Bank Agricultural Post-privatisation Assistance Project
- Country – Kazakhstan
- Donor – World Bank
- Duration – 24 months
- Status – completed
The World Bank funded TA project is to facilitate the on-lending of an agricultural credit line of 12 Mio USD to rural enterprises. TA comprised the set-up and improvement of financial management systems of all involved actors (from the Ministries to the participating banks), advice in the utilisation of appropriate information technology and accounting procedures. Additionally advice has been provided on conceptual design and improvement of management and internal organisation of the rural advisory service providers and Group of Project Consultants (former PIU). One of the important components of the project was to establish a system for monitoring of the involved organisations and to carry out impact monitoring of the credit line.
Specific activities implemented under the project included:
- improvement of financial management systems;
- improvement of accounting and auditing systems;
- monitoring of the credit line;
- impact monitoring of the project;
- monitoring of the activities of all actors involved in the credit line implementation;
- support to participating banks, e.g. in credit appraisal and assessment procedures and assistance in processing of sub-loan applications, and elaboration and analysis of the Project Summary Sheets;
- improvement of the business planning procedures and services;
- improvement of agricultural advisory services.